Sunday, January 25, 2009

Multiple Literacies

The Internet is probably my main form of communication. I make much use of my e-mail and my Facebook accounts. I use my e-mail to communicate with professors and receive materials for classes. I use Facebook to keep in touch with many of my friends. I also like to use Facebook as a way to express who I am. Many of my friends would say that the way I express myself online is the same way that I express myself in person.

My second form of communcation (or should I say "literacy") is my cell phone. I love actually talking to family and friends. I used to have text messaging, which I used constantly. I had it removed, and when I did, I realized just how useful it was to have. I am currently considering adding back to my services, though I do prefer having an actual conversation with people.

There are many other "literacies" that I make use of. For instance, I like to read books that I find interesting. I love listening to music and singing (though you probably do not want to hear me sing, lol). Also, as I previously stated, I prefer having real conversations with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment